Clonskeagh Castle
80 Whitebeam Road

A castellated dwelling built c. 1789 as a suburban retreat for Henry Jackson, ironfounder, a prominent member of the United Irishmen. It has been granted a determination by the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht that the house and its attendant grounds are intrinsically of significant architectural and historical interest. Click on ‘History’ for more detail.

The house was converted into flats in the twentieth centry and has been the subject of an ongoing programme of restoration by the present owners, to its original use as a family home. Interested members of the public may visit at specified times and dates, for which click on ‘Public Access’.